Drupal 8 vs me

Drupal 8 vs me

Thursday, March 2, 2017

Removing Drupal 8 meta Generator



One of the first thing I always like to do when implementing a CMS is to get rid of that annoying Meta tag that shows off what CMS I am running.

Point in case;
<meta name="Generator" content="Drupal 8 (https://www.drupal.org)" />

Took me a while (as usual, being a Drupal 8 noob and all).
Where you see "MYTHEME" - obvioulsy replace with the name of your own theme or sub-theme.

  • Server Root.
  • Themes.
  • In the file MYTHEME.theme simply add;

<?php
function MYTHEME_page_attachments_alter(array &$page) {
  $unset_meta = [
    'system_meta_generator', // Meta name "Generator"
  ];
  foreach ($page['#attached']['html_head'] as $key => $value) {
    if (in_array($value[1], $unset_meta)) unset($page['#attached']['html_head'][$key]);
  }
}

  • Save the file.
  • Flush All caches.
  • And inspect source.

Still trying to get rid of the following but to no avail as of yet :(
  • <link rel="shortlink" href="/node/**" />
  • <link rel="delete-form" href="/node/**/delete" />
  • <link rel="edit-form" href="/node/**/edit" />
  • <link rel="version-history" href="/node/**/revisions" />
  • <link rel="revision" href="/**/**" />

Each day as I am learning I am finding out how amazing Drupal 8 actually is, I seriously am loving that the nerd in me is coming to the fore with every passing day.

No comments:

Post a Comment